Saturday, September 26, 2009

I already started reading the book "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain. I think it is interesting so forth. I already read "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" which is the second part and it was fascinating. However, this second book (Huckleberry Finn) is very controversial as well because the author use many times the word nigger to name the slaves. Therefore, this book is prohibited in many schools because it is uncomfortable to read for African-American due it shows discrimination. It is surprising the author of this book took 7 years to finish it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are reading so much!!!! Let me know what you think of TOm Sawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the book, the adventure of Tom Sawyer but I have not read that in english yet. I want to do..

    ReplyDelete